Vegan baby, toddler, and adult recipes along with lifestyle tips!

Nov 10, 2010

Dinner for Three in Under Fifteen

Yesterday was one of those days where cooking really didn't have a spot on my list anywhere. I had roughly twenty minutes until my hungry boyfriend would be walking through the door and about five minutes before my one year old exploded from 'I'm hungry right now FEED ME' syndrome. While she had a little pre-dinner snack, I quickly whipped up a delicious dinner. It was done and on the table within fifteen minutes and even my meat-eater boyfriend loved it.


You'll need
Boca Chicken Nuggets
Mashed Potato Flakes
Vegan Stuffing mix
Vegetable broth or water
Earth Balance Butter
Salt
Vegetables of your choice

Basically, there is no instructions with this one. All of it was heated up according to the directions on the boxes. The boca nuggets were cooked last in the microwave along with the mashed potatoes. The stuffing was cooked first and made with vegetable broth. I made real chicken (more like heated it up without touching it at all) for my boyfriend. We used broccoli and green beans for our vegetables. It was delicious and everyone enjoyed it! 


This stuffing was the only vegan one I have found. It is really delicious, although a little dry. I added a lot of the butter substitute to it to moisten it up. We don't really use gravy although I may invest in finding a good recipe for a vegan gravy to use. This whole bag was more than enough for 3 people and we have a whole container left over!


 I am a huge believer in using mashed potato flakes! It takes way too long to make real mashed potatoes, although I do cook them sometimes. In our produce section, they sell little packets of seasoning for mashed potatoes, so I always grab a pack of the garlic and herb seasoning. Its delicious!

I need to have my boca chicken! I should buy stock in this stuff.
I try to have every meal contain some kind of fruit or vegetable. I am a huge vegetable eater and it seems that I've passed that trait onto my daughter!


The finished product of my daughter's dinner. We were too busy eating to take any pictures of ours :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment